Do you have a chronic disease or health issue you want to address or prevent with the scientifically proven Mediterranean Diet? Or want to lose weight sensibly and under the guidance of an expert? A dietitian with a breadth of experience with the Mediterranean diet will be beneficial to you. Who better to help you than Two Greek Girls themselves! Lisa and Desi are known specialists in the area of Mediterranean eating with over 30 years of combined experience in dietetics through our clinic Tree of Life Nutrition.
Individual Mediterranean Diet Consultations
The specialist support of a dietitian and implementing the Mediterranean Diet can address the following health concerns:
- weight loss
- diabetes management
- cholesterol lowering
- improving immunity
- anti inflammatory diseases
- fatty liver
- gastrointestinal issues
- balancing gut microbiome
- PCOS and endometriosis
- nutrition for anxiety and depression
- bariatric weight management
Tailored Mediterranean diet consultations and dietary support
A ‘one size fits all’ approach is great for the general person, but not so great for those who have specific needs. Lisa and Desi are nutrition scientists and can help you with nutritional assistance for a large range of conditions. Alternatively, if you’re just looking for some help and guidance in achieving a balanced diet and healthy weight- we’ve got the perfect advice for you!
Implementing the Mediterranean diet with the help of a professional dietitian gives you regular access to expertise and support. This may help you reach your goals sooner and ensure you have a greater chance of sticking with your new lifestyle.
What does a dietitian consult usually involve?
Typically, a consultation with us may involve the following assessments and procedures:
- Anthropometric Assessment
- Weight and Height
- Body Mass index
- Measurements (Abdominal, Waist, Hip, others as required)
- Comparisons to healthy recommendations
- Dietary Assessment & reporting
- 24 hour food recall and assessment (and/or food diary review)
- Goal setting anthropometric and dietary
- Computer analysis (if required)
- Detailed explanation of recommendations
- Necessary supply of supporting dietary literature
- Recommendations and individualised meal plan supplied to facilitate client goals
Consultation times & fees
- Initial Standard $130, 30 minutes (additional time may be required depending on your needs)
- Review Standard $90, 15-30 minutes
- Subsequent Standard $65, 15 minutes
- Pensioners $120, $85. $60
Private Health Fund rebates apply with Tree of Life Nutrition Clinics
DVA Gold Card Nil out of pocket expense 15-45 minutes.
Medicare Care Plan consultations are billed at standard fees as above.
Medicare Rebate of $53.80 per session applies.
Note: Medicare Bulk billing may apply for those in financial difficulty. Please speak to our reception staff at the time of booking if this may apply.
*Please note that fees may vary depending on location and the information above is based on our standard rates. Referrals are required for DVA Gold Card holders. Please call reception for more information on 07 3891 6199